Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

We are at my mom's getting ready to go to my brother's house to eat. My tummy is growling! I hope we can eat soon after we get there.

I guess I didn't blog about it, but my office was closed last Thursday. I'm unemployed. I hate it! They opened the St. Louis office, hired me, and then got distracted before they hired any architects. I sat there alone for two years with nothing to do except play on the internet or read. I'm not complaining but I was feeling pretty isolated. I think they opened other offices--New York, Princeton, and Tampa--at the same time and had to focus a lot of attention on them. The lease is up and instead of renewing they are just shutting me down. Dang! I've gotten spoiled there! I posted my resume on monster.com before I unplugged the computer to pack it up (had been on hotjobs and sending emails out already). A gal from a recruitment agency found me there and sent me on an interview with a CPA firm as I have some experience there. It sounds like a great position. The location is awesome and I know I am qualified for the position. I'm worried about rent, the gas bill, and Christmas. I really don't want to take a few weeks to find something new. I want to work TODAY. Everyone who reads this please pray that I can find something very soon.

Our Blue Devils did not win their last state playoff game. They had a heck of a season, though, and we are so proud and still so excited for the record that they have this year. Also, we know that they will kick some serious tail next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment