Thursday, October 21, 2010

New phase...new books

There's not much that I get more excited about than new books.  Wonder why I'm single?  On Monday we start CUL 111: International Cuisine and Beverage Study which is the last phase in the certificate program.  After that it's all degree classes--a healthy cooking/nutrition one, a restaurant phase, and externships--but I'm still hoping for a higher degree to become available before then and that it will include more hospitality management classes and maybe another baking one.  Otherwise I will graduate next July.  A couple of classmates think they are not going to continue after they have a certificate but I'm plotting & scheming to keep at least one of them.

I flipped through our new recipe book and got very hungry.  Looks like we will hit up a good deal of the globe in there.  A friend said that it should make interesting fieldtrips.  Looks like the first day we will make chicken stock, bulgogi, chap chae, and oi namul.  Dang.  I was planning to make chap chae on Sunday ;).  I think that is all Vietnamese (except the stock).  We will have liquor tastings every Monday.  That's nice.  Our class is at 6:30 a.m.  We'll be drinking on empty stomachs.  Oh, well.  I don't drink much on weekends.  At least there's a new reason to be excited about Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment