Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The new phase is great.  I am really enjoying it!  I love my classmates and I love cooking.  It's so nice to be eating again!  This is vegetarian/vegetable week so we just made veggies but they were awesome.  We made glazed carrots, asparagus and hollandaise, and roasted herbed potatoes.  I guess it wasn't all vegetarian as we also used yesterday's veal stock and made Espagnole and demi-glace.  We're going to need them soon.

It ain't pretty but it's tasty:

How about a recipe?  These carrots are HEAVEN!  Your kids will love them.

Glazed Carrots
12 ounces carrots (young and tender)
4 ounces water
1 ounce sugar
1 ounce butter
Peel the carrots and cut into obliques (or just slice 'em).  Blanch the carrots in boiling water, cook until about halfway done.  Shock in ice water.  Put all four ingredients in a saute pan and cook slowly until the carrots are light brown.

1 comment:

  1. Cyndi, the carrots sound wonderful. This is my first visit to your site but I'll be back often to see what else you've been cooking. I really like the recipes you feature here. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete