Monday, November 9, 2009

To nap or not to nap?

That is the question. I don't know what was wrong with me last night (maybe I was just excited or nervous about today) but I never did even doze off! I hate that! I finally just got up at 4:00 and made myself poached eggs and toast and a pot of tea. By the time the alarm went off I had consumed all of that, showered, ironed, dressed, and played on the computer. All day I've been so sleepy that I've been nauseous and when I get no sleep I feel like I have a cold--runny nose, achy eyes, scratchy throat. So now I'm home and miserable and I just want to sleep. I'm not sick--just overtired. I'll be fine after I sleep. I have six hours until I have to be in the concession stand. If I sleep now and sleep for too long will I be able to sleep tonight? I really wish football was a different night. I would just suffer until about 6:00 and then crash! Obviously, missing the game is not an option. Whining isn't helping anything so I guess I'll stop now!

School was great. I felt like crap but it was an easy day. We waited around a lot early because we had to wait in line to get our stuff and so did some other classes and they went first. When we finally got to our kitchen and met our instructors, they introduced themselves and then divided us in half. One (Chef Smith--I guess it's last names here) took one half on a pretty extensive tour of school while the other (Chef Dewes) gave the other half a tour of the kitchen and all of the equipment. Then they switched. We took a little break and then had lecture, which was basically going over every minute detail of our class syllabus. That wasn't good. We sat still for that and I had a very hard time keeping my eyes open! Our new books are awesome and the knife kit is great! I'll have more to report tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment