Thursday, November 26, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I am so thankful for my family and friends and for the opportunity to go back to school and for wonderful classmates! I'm thankful that JT is bored stiff in Iraq. He complains all the time but the rest of us are glad! I am thankful to be so close to my extended family and for the chance to get together with all of them this afternoon and for all of that good food we will eat! I hope everyone is happy and safe and has plenty to be grateful for.

I am also thankful that Julianne is feeling better than I expected her to feel today. She had tonsils and adnoids removed Tuesday. I'm thankful for insurance and for family that helped me with copays when I couldn't pay all of them. I didn't know that I had to pay the parts that insurance doesn't cover up front until Monday afternoon. I thought they would be billed. I panicked! Her dad refused to help with even half (and, yes, it is in the court order that he has to) so I am very grateful that I have a couple of family members who love her and didn't care about their legal obligations. He said that he doesn't have to pay for anything except the insurance. He does. I just have never asked him to before. This is not the place to vent about that so I'll drop it now. Julianne isn't as puny as I thought she would be. She ate some chicken yesterday and mashed potatoes. She is eating a lot of yogurt. Her medicines are liquid and taste pretty awful but they help a lot. This morning everything from the neck up is hurting and her ear and jaws ache but she'll be okay. From now on sinus infections won't turn as severe as they have. For THAT I am very, very thankful!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are a blessed mom with a very strong and supportive family network. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete