Friday, July 2, 2010

We ate very well at school this week!  The thing I've looked most forward to doing there is making homemade pasta and I finally got to do it Tuesday.  It was HEAVEN!!!  Julianne enjoyed the leftovers.  My next favorite thing (and hers) was gnocchi.  I will make gnocchi a lot at home.  I want to make pasta but I have no pasta roller and no space to roll it by hand--not that I won't attempt it anyway.  The hardest part of the week was the galantine.  We completely boned a chicken and left it in one piece a' la Jacques Pepin (except ours were stuffed with pesto).  That was a little intimidating but I'm glad that I know how now.  It was delicious!

Braised Chicken with Leeks, Peas, and Tourned Carrots; Field Greens and Mustard Vinaigrette; Jardiniere Vegetables; & Marinated & Grilled Chicken Breast:

Raviolis filled with Dark Meat Mousseline, Sherry Onion Buerre Blanc, Wild Mushroom Ragout, & Tobacco Onions:

Roasted Chicken Galantine with Pesto, Broccolini with Garlic, & Caramelized Potato Gnocchi:

I don't have a picture from Thursday but it was a seared duck breast, Asian noodle cakes, baby bok choy, and a candied ginger demi.

1 comment:

  1. I'm drooling! How do you guys keep from putting on weight???

    ReplyDelete