Monday, May 10, 2010

It's Chocolate Week!

All week we will be making stuff from chocolate.  We will practice tempering it and making candy and coating candy with chocolate and making chocolate garnishes.  Christmas is going to be better this year because of this week!  As soon as I find my recipe book I will post the truffle recipe.  I made it through the class with only a couple of very small chocolate spots on my jacket.  My apron, though, is covered!

You know it's gonna be a good week when Monday starts like this:

While I made the truffle filling, my partner, Parker, played with chocolate that he had just tempered.  Tomorrow we will enrobe the filling (the piped dots below) with the tempered chocolate.





Go ahead with the bathroom jokes. We did.

We use disposable pastry bags at school but they get expensive and aren't real practical for lightly drizzling so Chef Zuber showed us how to make parchment cones.


No comments:

Post a Comment