Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It looks like I'm staying at Le Cordon Bleu. What a relief! I was getting excited about the alternative but I think I would rather just finish what I am already doing--and paying for. I had a voicemail last night (weird because I was holding the phone when it came through but it never rang or showed a missed call--maybe I accidentally rejected the call?) that I didn't bother to check until this morning from another student who lives very close to me and works after school just a couple of blocks from my house. She said that she would be happy to pick me up. I should have checked voicemail last night so I could go to school today! I have emailed Chef Todd and asked what I can do to catch up or to at least pass. I would like to go back to this class and repeat everything I've missed but I would rather just pass it and keep moving! I really don't want to repeat the things I didn't miss! I don't know how expensive it is for us to repeat a 6-week class and I would like to still graduate in March. I still want to find some baking/pastry classes to take on my own. I'm going to check with Forest Park College to see what they have. I know they have a culinary program and I saw online last week that they have just been accredited to offer a baking degree. I don't want to take all of the general education classes that I would need for their degree program but I think I can take some individual classes and I'm going to look into it. There's no such thing as too much knowledge, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment