Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Can't sleep.

Ugh! My internal clock has gotten completely screwy since I've been off work. Usually I'm up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed by 7 even on Saturdays. The past week or so I've been going to sleep at 4-ish and sleeping until almost noon! I've got to get back on normal hours. I hate missing half of the day. So far tonight, since I first went to bed at around 11:30, I have knitted several rows on a new scarf (and I'm knitting it long-ways with lace-weight yarn so a row is about 250 stitches), tried to help my brother find a driver that he needs to download, whitened my teeth, finally checked and cleared out my voicemail, played with everything on my phone that I don't have to pay extra for, played several rounds of Spite & Malice on my computer (I won all of them! Love that game!), checked email, poked around in Ravelry, messed around in the kitchen, made a grocery list, and basically driven my poor sleepy dog crazy and I'm still not even a little bit tired! It's partly stress, I'm sure, but it's mostly just a whacky schedule. I'm going to get back on track. Tomorrow I'm taking some Nyquil and hitting the sack at midnight. At least it's a start.

8 comments:

  1. I wish I'd known. Since I've been ill my sleep clock is in reverse. We could have chatted online until the sun came up. I'm not a knitter, but I've been awake enough lately to learn.

    I did get a chance to read Water For Elephants. What a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would be fun to chat with! I could teach you to knit. I've learned a lot from you. The only things I like better than yarn is books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I really can't see me sitting down to knit.

    Actually, I've been spending a lot of time working on a online Writers Police Academy. I hope to have it all ready to go soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be cool! How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm better. A long ways from normal, but better. Of course, I was never really all that close to normal anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou for visiting my blog and grabbing my button:)I have a drawing on my blog I would love for you to enter:http://darcyknottyknitter.blogspot.com/2008/11/introducing-new-designs-from-leslie.html
    I will be putting up a drawing soon for knit two tote bags.Hugs Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Thanks! I enjoyed your blog a lot.

    ReplyDelete