Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm getting brave!

I think I am ready to knit an actual sweater. I went to Knit Night at the yarn shop (Knitorious--the greatest place on the planet with the coolest name!) tonight instead of at Borders. I usually go to Borders but it's always a tough choice. My two favorite things are yarn and books. I can't lose either place! Gotta leave my wallet in the car or I'm in trouble. Tonight it was in my knit bag. I peeked around at pattern books and ran across a sweater pattern that was very cute, looked very comfortable, and said Beginner. Perfect! That's what I am. It is in Jo Sharp's Contemporary Knitting book on page 49. It's a squarish tunic. The shop owner (this shop has the most wonderful and helpful and patient folks) helped me do the math and we figured out how many yards of yarn I will need and picked out some gorgeous wool. It is Classic Elite's Rennaisance. It's bluish-gray and tweedy. I brought a couple of skeins home and she stuck the rest behind the counter for me. I started my guage swatch (my first one) when I finally joined the other knitters.--who were lots of fun, by the way. Now the Wednesday Knit Night decision will be even harder! I think this sweater will go quickly and that Autumn will never get here so I can wear it! I know that I will live in it if it turns out decent at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment