Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Superbowl Snack Recipe

I made this up at work yesterday to use up the open hot pepper raspberry spread in the fridge.  They were a big hit!  I took a picture but I cleaned house and can't find my card reader thingamabobber.

Sweet & Spicy Toasted Pecans

2 tbsp. Robert Rothschild Hot Pepper Raspberry Spread (or any hot pepper jelly that you have)
½ tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tbsp. olive oil (or whatever cooking oil you like to use)
3 cups whole nuts
2 tsp. salt
6 tbsp. sugar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Mix hot pepper spread, red pepper flakes, and oil (and maybe a pinch of cayenne) in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to loosen mixture.  Stir well.  Add the nuts and coat them well.  Sprinkle in salt and sugar and toss together.  Pour onto an oiled baking sheet and toast the nuts in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the nuts are golden brown and the sugar begins to caramelize.  Cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. I will try this and let youknow how Sweetman like 'em.

    ReplyDelete